The board of directors of VCC Foundation seeks a well-organized, energetic, and personable individual to manage the operations of the office and to assist in facilitating programs, activities, and communications related to the organization’s mission. The Executive Assistant will work under the supervision of the Executive Director to provide a strong organizational base and to improve administrative functions. They will foster cooperative working relationships among the board, volunteers, and community and will work to raise the level of public awareness and participation in the group’s activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
A sample of the Executive Assistant’s specific responsibilities includes:
- Responsible for general office management
- Assists in the production and execution of events and programs, such as the annual Gala, member events, and educational programs as needed
- Assist Executive Director with board minutes and committee meeting notes as needed
- File management, both physical and digital
- Maintains membership database & donor communications
- Maintains the website to ensure it is up-to-date and informative
- Maintains social media on Facebook and Instagram
- Produces weekly email updates
- Designs and produces graphic materials in line with branding
Professional Qualifications and Requirements
- Educational background in history, business, hospitality, historic preservation, urban studies, or related field preferred
- Clerical and administrative experience preferred
- Flexible as to tasks and hours
- Basic computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Adobe or equivalent, email and membership programs, and social networking sites; QuickBooks, HTML, CSS, WordPress, Canva, and Photoshop experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Some lifting and prolonged standing required
- Willing to learn and pursue education and training in areas of deficiency
- Dedicated to the mission of VCC Foundation
Permanent, part-time position, paid holidays, and annual leave after six months, occasional evening and weekend work. There are no health or retirement benefits for this position.
Salary range: $15 – $20 per hour depending on experience.
Start date: late-April to early-May 2023
Please send a resume, writing, and graphic sample electronically to:
Ms. Brook Tesler, Executive Director, VCC Foundation at [email protected]
NOTE: applicants must put “Executive Assistant Position” in the subject line
Deadline for Applications: March 24, 2023
The Foundation’s mission is to support and further the cause and constitutional charge of the Vieux Carré Commission: to preserve and to protect the invaluable historic architectural heritage of New Orleans’ French Quarter. The roots of the Vieux Carré Commission Foundation go back more than thirty years to 1986 when the organization was first chartered to coordinate the celebration and commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Vieux Carré Commission (“VCC”). Following the 50th anniversary events, the organization largely lay dormant for many years. The legal status and existence of the incorporated entity remained intact, however, together with a modest treasury. After many years of dormancy ‒ and stimulated in part by the post-Katrina challenges faced by the VCC ‒ this organization was redefined in 2007 as the Friends of the Vieux Carré Commission, with a revised charter and restructured board of directors. In 2011, the newly revitalized organization hosted its first major fundraiser in honor of the VCC’s 75th anniversary. In 2012, the organization’s name was changed to the Vieux Carré Commission Foundation (VCCF) to more accurately reflect a broader mission and purpose. Since then, VCCF has taken on project and programming in support of both the VCC and preservation of the French Quarter. Our efforts include an overhaul and redesign of the Vieux Carré Historic District Design Guidelines, the creation of the Vieux Carré Virtual Library, Quarterly Care Workshops, and more.